Mountain Pipits are regarded as breeding summer visitors to the mountain kingdom of Lesotho, and the adjacent Drakensberg. But after years of research and atlasing, we still don't know where these enigmatic birds disappear to in winter. A recent sighting of a migrating party of Mountain Pipits at Ezemvelo, Gauteng provides at least one piece in the puzzle.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC? Contents of blog posts are also organised by topic and family/species in the Birds page. Ditto for other Biodiversity.
- Protected: New birds in Southern Africa: A tale of two lists November 26, 2018
- Faansie’s Bird Book: Reviews..please September 18, 2018
- Bird calls for beginners September 18, 2018
- Cederkloof Photographic Retreat: 5-7 October 2018 August 27, 2018
- Faansie’s Bird Book – a fully fledged field guide…for kids August 17, 2018