So you think you know your Southern African bird calls? Then prove it by taking this tough test. Be warned: although these clips are all from fairly common local birds, they are unusual calls that are seldom heard and poorly known. I'll also give you some clues if you get stuck. If you get none right, don't worry...I won't publish the results :) But this just goes to show how wide the repertoires of birds are. They have a whole language, that we are only beginning to document. Good luck!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC? Contents of blog posts are also organised by topic and family/species in the Birds page. Ditto for other Biodiversity.
- Faansie’s Bird Book – a fully fledged field guide…for kids August 17, 2018
- Faansie versus Harlequin May 10, 2018
- Herping lingo February 23, 2018
- WADERS now available in eBook format! February 23, 2018
- New column for Weg! / Go! magazine February 23, 2018